Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 February 2024

Vintage Comic Buyer -Beware

  A warning. Back in the 1970s two sets of facsimile 1900s comics were published by Denis Gifford.

The paper quality is modern and I have now bought three that were sold as genuine editions -got my money back each time with a "I didn't know" -the sellers had the other issues so big lie.

That's just a poor scan the seller posted up but it has the browning that makes it LOOK 1930s-ish

This is NOT a 1931 copy of Jester. It is a facsimile and one of five facsimile comics published by Denis Gifford in the 1970s.

"vintage Jester comic No 1552 Aug 8th 1931" No 1552 Aug 8th 1931, HAS BEEN FOLDED & WILL BE POSTED THUS. Very good condition, signs of aging, some page browning"

said seller sv7who (13714)

Convenient as that way you could not see the tell tale signs. So I got the copy and saw it straight away as not genuine first edition.  So I wrote:

"Bloody annoyed as you are the third seller to sell me one of those facsimiles as genuine vintage."

BE WARNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment