Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 October 2019

End of the British Comic Book Archives

I have been having Twitter as well as email discussions with Yahoo over the last year re. problems on the groups.
I pointed out that it seemed they were trying to drive off users -including users who were in business. Repeatedly, the last time was just over a week ago,
Yahoo assured me that groups were safe.
Today I got the closure notification
Over 5000 images, MANY files and more are now to be deleted.
Yahoo appears to be blocking the use of Yahoo downloader so after 5 hours of constant trying I give up.
The Britcomic Book Archives are gone.
AGAIN the internet has proven that it is a false facility for social or history groups.
Everything I built up on this group from 2004 is now to go.
Nothing I can do to rescue any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment