Total Pageviews

Friday 20 April 2012

I'm Appealing....Honestly!

I am always -always- on the look out for scans of British Golden Age Comics from 1939-1952.  Not, I need to add D. C. Thomson or Amalgamated Press as there are plenty of scans out there.

I am looking for comics by any small Independents, particularly Gerald Swan but also Philmar, Foldes and Cartoon Art Productions. These are all used to form a British Comic Book Archives at the following link:

http://www.4shared.com/folder/lEtWuKhf/_online.html

The "holy grails" are, naturally, Thrill Comics (Swan) Krakos The Egyptian and The Bat (not the 1950s Bat by George McQueen though scans of that comic The Bat Magazine would never be turned away!).  Zip Bang Comic featuring The Moon Man and Big Win Comic, Scion, 1948, featuring Zom Of The Zodiac amongst others are ones I'm sure we would all love to see.

That said, it may well be that very few, if any, copies exist today.

In the next week I'll be posting a list of what the British Comic Book Archives is looking for though, as I say, all contributions are welcome!

So, if you can help...hoopercomicsuk@yahoo.com

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment